Insurance Coverage: Professional and General Liability
Liability Insurance Coverage and Cost
We provide membership benefits that include professional liability (malpractice) and general liability (slip & fall) insurance for massage therapists, cosmetologists, estheticians, nail technicians, animal massage therapists, yoga teachers, dance instructors, pilates instructors, body work, energy work, movement education, personal/fitness trainers and more.
Professional Liability Insurance Coverage:
- $2 million dollars of professional liability insurance coverage per occurrence.
General Liability Insurance Coverage:
Slip and Fall Insurance
- $2 million dollars per occurrence of general liability insurance coverage.
- $3 million dollars in annual aggregate individual insurance coverage.
- $100,000 dollars per year of damage to premises insurance coverage.
- Product liability coverage of up to $2 million dollars.
- Coverage for U.S. residents only.
- No coverage of contents in any case.
- There is no deductible with the policy.
Insurance Coverage Exclusions:
Exclusions include but not limited to:
- Permanent Makeup and Tattooing
- Human Structural Manipulations
- Body Piercing of any type
- Medical Esthetician procedures
- Ear Candling
- Sexual Abuse
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Transmission of Communicable Diseases
Professional Rate: $145.00 per year
Student to Professional Rate $75.00 per year
Students have the ability to work on family and friends while completing their education, provided they are under the direction of a school or clinic during that time.
We can provide membership for students while they are in school and then upgrade them for free when they become licensed professionals.
Animal Massage Therapy Insurance Sub limit
We provide $25,000 of animal therapy insurance coverage per occurrence. The total liability of the company (insurance provider) for the combined total of damages and claim expenses for all claims because of all bodily injury or property damage caused by one or more animals, persons or entities as the result of any one occurrence arising from services performed in the treatment of any animal shall not exceed $25,000.
Details about our Insurance Provider
The Insurance portion of the Hands On Trade Membership Benefits Package is provided by PayneWest Insurance.
***The Liability master policy is issued to the Wellness and Beauty Association Risk Purchasing Group, members of which are also members of the Hands On Trade Association, Inc. Professional Liability and Commercial General Liability coverage under the Hands On Trade program is underwritten by Evanston Insurance Co, a Markel Corporation company rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best. PayneWest Insurance agency serves as our agent. Brown & Riding Insurance Services, Inc serves as the surplus lines broker. The Hands On Trade Association is NOT an insurance company.