Liability Insurance Coverage
Beauty, Bodywork, Cosmetology, Massage plus more.
- Hands on Trade provides liability insurance for independent professionals.
- Professional Rate: $154.00 per year
Professional Liability Insurance:
"Malpractice Insurance" in case you hurt your client.
- $2 million dollars of professional liability insurance coverage per occurrence.
General Liability Insurance:
"Slip and Fall Insurance" in case your clients hurt themselves.
- $2 million dollars per occurence of general liability insurance coverage.
- $3 million dollars in annual aggregate individual insurance coverage.
Additional Insurance Information:
- Product Liability Coverage of up to $2 million dollars.
- Premises Insurance covering damages up to $100,000 dollars per year.
- Coverage for U.S. residents only.
- No coverage of contents in any case.
- There is no deductible with this policy.
Insurance Coverage Exclusions:
Exclusions include but not limited to:
- Permanent Makeup and Tattooing
- Any Invasive Proceedure
- Human Structural Manipulations
- Body Piercing of Any Type
- Medical Esthetician Procedures
- Ear Candling
- Sexual Abuse
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Cryo Chambers/Beds* Any claim based on or arising out of a room, chamber, sauna, tank or other device for rendering services or treament by applying cold temperatures to a person's body by refrigeration, or cryonic or cryogenic means. However, this exclusion shall not apply to use of any strictly handheld device for delivering cryotherapy treatment to a specifically localized body part.*
Adding an Additional Insured:
What is an Additional Insured?
As an Independent Contractor, you may be required to name or add a landlord or a business as an "Additional Insured" as a condition of renting a room, space, chair or booth. It is common for a landlord or business owner to request this to make sure they have protection against any of your clients that may file a claim.
One or more Additional Insured can be added during your initial application or afterward by going to the member login page or contacting our office.
There is a $10.00 fee for each Additional Insured that you add to your membership policy.
Animal Massage Therapy Insurance Sub limit
We provide $25,000 of animal therapy insurance coverage per occurrence.
Visit the Animal Massage page for more details.
Student to Professional Rate
We can provide students coverage while they are in school and then upgrade them for free when they become licensed professionals for $75.00.
Visit the Student page.
Details about our Insurance Provider:
The Insurance portion of the Hands On Trade Membership Benefits Package is provided by PayneWest Insurance.
***The Liability master policy is issued to the Wellness and Beauty Association Risk Purchasing Group, members of which are also members of the Hands On Trade Association, Inc. Professional Liability and Commercial General Liability coverage under the Hands On Trade program is underwritten by Evanston Insurance Co, a Markel Corporation company rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best. PayneWest Insurance agency serves as our agent. Brown & Riding Insurance Services, Inc serves as the surplus lines broker. The Hands On Trade Association is NOT an insurance company.
- SECURE! Underwritten by an A+ rated, U.S. based provider.
- No Deductible.
- U.S. Residents only.